Friday, July 22, 2011

MY 3-4 MIRACLES

I am writing today about the small wonders I am currently taking care of. We are an animal loving family and always have been. Currently our cat family members consist of 5 cats, two of which are rescues.

The first rescue cat we got has been named Baby B. We found him abandoned with his dead brothers and sisters in a house we were cleaning for the man that owned the home. The house was being used as a rental by the owner so we can only surmise that it was the last tenants that abandoned the cats.

We brought this very tiny black and white kitten home and placed him in my son’s bedroom. He had just lost his cat, another black and white one, so to us this seemed to be the hand of fate, putting another black and white kitten in need of a home, in our lives.

Baby B has grown and thrived and turned into quite a brat

Our second rescue kitten is Jaxx. An orange kitty that the vet tells us is part Bengal. He doesn’t have the usual Bengal color, but he has the markings and boy does he have the attitude. Some idiots put him and his litter mates in a dumpster.

They were found pretty quickly and all were adopted and we got Jaxx.
He immediately took to my Daughter and that’s his human now.

We recently found three what I consider to be, wild kittens. I call them wild as I’m not sure that the mommy kitty is a human owned cat. It didn’t look to me as if the mommy was caring for them and maybe it was because they are ill. They all have what I’m calling a cold. Stuffed up and runny eyes and the usual stuff for a cold.

They are what I call alley cat colored, dark grey with black and lighter grey stripes. We are caring for them and the goal for us is to get them as healthy as possible.

Once I have these little guys healthy, I’m going to work on catching their mother and getting her spayed so she can’t keep producing kittens. I’ve already inquired about getting traps to HUMANELY catch her and get her spayed.

Thanks to a good friend on BONANZA that has created a charity drive for these babies to help with their care I now have a ChipIn account.

This is for collecting funds to take the kittens to the vet for care and to buy supplies like food. And to get them spayed/neutered when the time comes.

My store at Bonanza is RAYVENS RARITIES. For the meantime, I will be using half the proceeds from sales for the care of the kittens.

I will keep everyone updated on the babes I’m caring for right now. Their first Veterinarian appointment is Monday the 25th of July

 

1 comment: